No, I’m not going to present yet another crazy fad diet, like eat unlimited amounts of peanuts and peanut butter and you’re guaranteed to drop 10 pounds in one week.
Eating peanuts while you’re trying to lose weight seems like an oxymoron, right?
When I told my friend Isabelle about the connection, she eyed me skeptically. So I told her to make sure to read this post for some solid information. And, besides that, there’s a chance for her”and any of you”to win some yummy peanut products, including red-skin peanuts, boiled peanuts, peanut flour and a gourmet peanut spread. (I feel like Forest Gump when I write this. Only with him, it was shrimp…pan-fried, deep-fried, stir-fried pineapple shrimp, shrimp salad, coconut shrimp I think he left out shrimp with peanuts).
For more information visit us our website: https://www.healthinfi.com
But before I tell you how to enter the contest, let me tell you how peanuts can help weight loss.
- Since peanuts and peanut butter are packed with fiber and protein, they keep you satisfied and full for a long time, helping to manage your hunger.
- Because of their protein and fiber, peanuts and peanut butter will stick with you for about 2 1/2 hours vs. the half hour you’ll get from high-carbohydrate foods, according to one study.
- Peanuts can increase your metabolic rate. When researchers studied resting energy expenditure on peanut and peanut butter eaters, they found that it was 11 percent greater after regular peanut consumption for 19 weeks compared to the baseline.
- The fat in peanuts (the “good fat”) provides satiety and taste satisfaction, so you don’t feel deprived.
- Since peanuts stabilize your blood sugar with their low glycemic index (meaning they are digested more slowly and release sugar gradually into the bloodstream), they provide long-lasting energy and decrease cravings.
And now for the fun part. To win, please post your most inventive recipe or use for peanuts by 5 p.m. EST, July 6. It could be an unlikely or unexpected combination or something fairly common but with a twist. We’ll choose the most original and announce the winner. As always, make sure to include your e-mail address so you can be notified. Once notified, you must respond within 48 hours or another winner will be selected. Sorry, contest is open to U.S. residents only. Good luck!
For more information visit us our website: https://www.healthinfi.com0 200